Previous Winners (left to right):
- 2016 (tie) Domingo Navales for "Octopus" and Gregoris Komodromas for "Aphrodite";
- 2017 Paul Mabe for "Trillium";
- 2018 Elaine Hyde for "Black and Blue";
- 2019 Gustavo Santana
IPBA - 2020 Perfume Bottle Design Competition Rules
This free to enter perfume bottle design contest is open to anyone who designs and creates an original perfume bottle or original perfume bottle sketch. This design may be of any medium (glass, metal, pottery, etc.). The following exceptions apply: The International Perfume Bottle Board of Directors and their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children).
The Perfume Bottle Design Contest is subject to federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The International Perfume Bottle Association (IPBA) is the sponsor of this Perfume Bottle Design Contest.
- Agreement to Official Rules
Participation in the IBPA Perfume Bottle Design Contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling the other requirements set forth herein. The design remains the property of the entrant. Finalist’s entries will be returned to the entrant after convention.
- Contest Period
The contest begins on December 1, 2019 and ends March 31, 2020. Entries that are submitted after the contest period will be disqualified. Submissions will only be accepted for the duration of the contest period.
- How to Enter The IPBA Board will select 10 Semi-finalists and they will be notified via email. These 10 Semi-Finalists will be told where to send their entry – either the perfume bottle or original sketch -which is to be received no later than April 26, 2020 for final judging. All final entries must be present to win. These entries will be displayed at the International Perfume Bottle Association’s 32nd Annual Convention at the Dallas/Rockwall Hilton Lakefront in Rockwall, TX from April 30 through May 3, 2020.
Questions regarding the contest or rules to: email@example.com (Roseann Smith at 302-598-5980.)
- Send photos of your original designed bottle or a sketch to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide name, address, phone number and email address.
- Describe the creative process.
- No limits on how many entries per person.
The winning designs will be selected by a voting ballot of the IPBA members attending the 32nd Annual IPBA convention. Prizes will be awarded on Saturday, May 2, 2020 at the Dallas/Rockwall Hilton Lakefront in Rockwall, TX. The winning designer will be notified via email. Once the votes are counted the decision will be final. The IPBA reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- First Place:
$750 Cash prize, will be featured in an article in the summer 2020 Perfume Bottle Quarterly, and a one-year membership to the International Perfume Bottle Association.
- Second Place:
$250 Cash prize and will be featured in an article in the summer 2020 Perfume Bottle Quarterly magazine.
- Third Place:
$100 Cash prize and will be featured in an article in the summer 2020 Perfume Bottle Quarterly magazine.
- First Place:
By entering this contest, you agree to free and unlimited use of photos of your entry to be used in future publications by The International Perfume Bottle Association.