Material(s):Glass with patina
Markings:Molded "R.LALIQUE" on bottom
Date or Era:Introduced 1923
The D'Orsay shop was remodeled after WWI and this promotional plaque was created for the reopening. D'Orsay had had great success with single flower perfumes made from the flowers of Grasse since 1908. This plaque celebrated these perfumes. The lettering, with its smooth and polished surface is molded in low relief and stands out against a background decorated with a bouquet of stylized anemones with tied stems, also molded in low relief as well as patinated. Ref: The Art of Rene Lalique, Christie Mayer Lefkowith, 2010.